Thursday 20 Aug
Control Room Services
SGW have for many years been at the forefront of control room design and development, for both private and public sector clients. Our experience has been built on strong foundations - from the many command and control room projects undertaken by our team, together with invaluable 'lessons learnt' over the last two decades.
SGW Consulting Group provides independent control room feasibility studies, which will often focus on the following key elements: -
- Consultation to define, document and develop the clients operational requirements for the control room
- Business case analyis and cost planning
- Advice relating to current and future operational and technology requirements
- Space planning and ergonomic design to British, European and/or International Standards
- If applicable, advice on increased specifications to comply with BS EN 5979:2007 associated with an alarm receiving centre operation
- Procurement options ('performance based specification or detailed design')
- Outline and detailed design development
- Tender package / Request for Proposal (RFP) preparation and administration
- Bid management and assessment
- Project management and contract administration
- Witness testing, commissioning support, snagging and authorising engineer services
SGW provides a comprehensive range of project management and clerk of works services, to supervise the construction phase of a command and control room, ensuring that the room is built in accordance with pre-agreed contract specifications. We oversee the project on behalf of the client and conduct regular documented progress meetings. Towards the end of the project, we review all 'as fitted drawings' and manuals, to ensure they reflect the finished product and can be easily updated electronically as the project evolves.