Development of a CCTV strategy is crucial to ensure any system is designed, operated and managed effectively and efficiently.
A robust CCTV strategy from SGW will often comprise of: –
- A developed set of operational requirements which are agreed by all project stakeholders. An Operational Requirement (OR) is a statement of needs based upon a systematic assessment of each site.
- Administration – Who is to administer the system, where, how and why?
- Objectives of the scheme? – Why is CCTV being used and how does it integrate to the wider security or process control application of the site
- What is the purpose of the CCTV system?
- How can performance be measured? What key performance indicators (KPI’s) will be relevant to the system and its operation?
- Will the performance achieve your expectations?